10.04.2007

I know I should be asleep but . . .

. . . I wanted to introduce you to my new friend Spidey! Isn't he cool?! Lori and I went camping last Friday, the windiest day in history, and luckily met Spidey about two miles from our campsite. We blocked traffic to get these pictures! Remember what Mrs. Waters taught us in elementary school at Rio Hondo? "Ahhhh. Never Ewwww.":)


Isn't this the most gorgeous campsite you've ever seen? I'm not even joking. The trees were firey red and pink. And we were surrounded by boy scouts. Our favorite line that carried over to our camp fire was, "I'm going to buy a hamster and call him Fluffy Jones." We laughed so hard for some reason.

All smiles after the longest night of my life.:) Every 15 minutes (literally) we'd have to roll over to ease the hip pain and find a not-so-rocky spot as we kept sliding farther and farther down the tent. The wind finally died down around 5 a.m. When the sun came up we were SO grateful. Then we went on a hike in the rain up to a waterfall, and the trail at certain points was almost tropical with moss and green stuff growing all over the ground! I loved it! Right when we got home it started snowing!

2 comments:

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

That spider is HUGE!!!! And that picture of the red leaves is beautiful....

Jacqui said...

Yuck. That's all I can say