9.29.2007

The Weekend BYU Beat Air Force

Fall is finally here! The first pictures were from Saturday the 22nd right after the rain stopped and the sun was coming out, setting the mountains on fire. These are the mountains right outside my door.





On Sunday the 23rd Mandy, Amanda, and I headed up Big Cottonwood, or somewhere near there.:) It was beautiful! We were still in our church clothes because we went straight to hear Elder Holland speak at the U Institute building. There were over 6,000 young single adults, so we ended up sitting on the floor of one of the chapels on the opposite side of the building. We were actually on the floor of the stage!





Mandy played around with the f stops on my camera to let in more light, so that's why the picture are funky. The room was actually dark. Cool, huh? Elder Holland is my favorite apostle (if I'm allowed to have a favorite). He's just so passionate about us realizing how much Christ suffered for us and never letting that testimony we have die. He goes "ballistic" on return missionaries who think they should "go back to real life" after the mission. Living the gospel is real life. Being a witness of our Savior is real life. There's no going backward, only moving forward or standing with our feet firmly planted. I love Elder Holland!

8 comments:

Tiffany J said...

I love that about Holland too! I can't wait till conference! Your pictures of the mountains make me miss Utah! I love visiting there because it's SO beautiful! Thanks for sharing! It was fun to see your mom the other day (by the way). She and Carol are so funny!

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

I miss the mountains in Utah! I was actually telling a friend that today. I miss you. Please come visit.......

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Aaahhh! I miss Utah right now SO much. I'm not sure if your pictures gave me a fix or just made me miss it more! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Hi Katie! I'm so glad that you got to go in the mountains and enjoy the colors. We did the Alpine Loop with the kids yesterday. It was gorgeous!

The Dwelley's said...

Sam sent me your blog. I love seeing how everyone is doing, and it seems you are doing great.Your pictures of Utah make me want to go out there. Brads little girl is so cute. You are a lucky aunt.

Jacqui said...

Ya, there are few landscapes that rival the fall in the Wasatch mountains. And it was so close! I've got to drive an hour to see the mountain leaves now.

If were requesting visits, I'm TOTALLY putting our names on the list (and add Joshy and Andy too, so we get bumped up higher). Don't you need to go to an editing conference in Denver or something?

Polly said...

You made me "Utah-sick" all over again. I have to say this even though I realized everybody else's comments are saying the same thing. So true! Oh, so beautiful. Thank you for the pictures. You are so lucky to be living there! :)

Please Pass the Green said...

Jacq, all you have to do is prove to me that you have humanitarian need—starving children, no running water, illiteracy, or an addiction of some sort, to name a few. I also am a sucker for kids who need piggy-back rides and who want to build forts. I have a feeling Andy falls under that category!:) Am I right? How soon can I be in Denver?:)