So, I had a Collins (think Pride and Prejudice) experience two Sundays ago. Church ended and I stood, and there was this new guy standing in the pew (sp?) right behind me. He's tall, lanky, dark hair, glasses, and moved in a month ago. His first day in Sunday school he told us that he'd just gotten custody of his three children. He's very vocal, so I've been able to get to know him through his comments in church but had never had a one-on-one conversation. I've kind of kept my distance, so I was surprised to see him looking like he wanted to talk to me.
He didn't talk for the first few seconds and then said, "I've been waiting for the right moment to talk to you. I first noticed you at temple baptisms, and I find you very attractive . . ." Then he stared, and I kept my mouth shut waiting. He seemed to be looking at my neck, but then I looked away because I noticed Brother Weir, the executive secretary, waiting to talk to me. He seemed to recognize what was going on and walked away, even though I was ready to yell out, "Wait. Don't leave me!" Another girl was leaning on my bench waiting to talk to me, too, but when I made eye contact with her she whispered, "I'll talk to you later." I turned back to Collins and he continued. "So to skip right to it, do you want to go out this Saturday at 8 p.m.?" I froze. I hate being taken off guard. I knew I was already doing something, but I couldn't think. "I have a date." I knew I didn't have a date. "Hmm, I can see how that would be—you having a date," Collins said. I scrambled to end the conversation. "Well, thanks. Have a good Sunday" and turned to grab my bag and leave. I felt bad, but not that bad.
My mom so wished she could've been there, but you are all invited to watch the movie in heaven.:)
10 comments:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha oh Katie Katie Katie! That's one of the best stories so far! :)
WHy do you get the weird ones? Be careful, if he is a 'Collin' I'm sure he'll find your blog out there...
And I read the entry about the Hurtados and thought to myself, 'Why didn't anyone call me to tell me they were in town again. Oh wait. I live in Colorado. Duh, Jacqui!'
What are we going to have to do to get Diana to blog? I need to see more pictures of her baby.
OH MY KATIE....RUN! ha ha
Well, I am glad that wasn't Spencer! I think you win the all time record for the strangest date encounters. I'll be excited to hear about your not-so-weird date.
Katie! Oh my! I seriously wish I could have heard you tell this in real life because it would have been that much more terrible, but very, very funny!
Holy Cow! That's hilarious!
You do always have the best dating stories! Ha!
Oh and....TAG!!!!
You've been tagged -- see my blog for instructions!
Thanks,
Megan
I love your stories. I am glad that you share them with us. I tagged you too, you don't have to do it if you don't have time.
You just kill me. I can totally envision this happening!!
Post a Comment