Little Emma arrived Sunday (yesterday) at 1:08 p.m., and we already love her (and miss her) so much! Brad called us Saturday night around midnight to say that Chels's water had broken and that they were keeping her at the hospital. Mom came in to my room to see if I wanted to go, but I knew I needed to be at church for at least a couple hours in the morning, so Mom left right then for Orem, an hour away. When Chels got to the hospital she was in a lot of pain, so they gave her an epidural even though she was only a 2. I don't know if it worked right about because there was some video of Chelsea looking like she was going to die in her hospital bed, but maybe Rheanna was videoing before they came in to give her the epidural. Around 5 a.m. I rolled over and decided to text Brad and see how things were going. He said that "Mom and baby are fine," so I thought Emma was here already! Nope. Not yet.
I got home from church around noon and called, and Mom said Chelsea had just started pushing so I hurried and ate something quick and left. Brad, Rheanna (Chels's sister), Sarah (Chels's brother's sister), and Mom were there in the delivery room to help. When I was thirty minutes away from the hospital I called to check in, and Emma was already ten minutes old! Brad said she was 7 lbs, 7 oz and 20 inches long and had lots of dark hair, which is a new thing for the bald-headed Newbold babies. We're pretty sure all her dark hair will turn white-blonde like Chelsea's did.
When I got there I was amazed at how wide awake she was and how tiny her little head and nose and mouth were! Yes, I've seen babies before and I know they are little, but she's so petite. My brothers all had bowling-ball heads. Emma would just looking around and stare at my blurry face and stick her tongue out. All newborn babies I've seen have there eyes closed, so it was kind of crazy to see Emma so alert. She was a real live baby!:) She's just so cute, and it's so fun to see Brad as the proud daddy. He's already cleaning poopy diapers and is oh-so good at it! Chelsea will forever be Wonder Woman to me. She's been sick through the entire pregnancy and was even throwing up during labor. She's not to do anything for the next two weeks in order to fully recover, so I'm going to be mailing out sign-up lists for taking meals in and baby-sitting. I mean, I will be doing all the baby-sitting. I will be sending out a list for people to cover for me at work! Hee hee. We'll see if they have any more kids after all Chels has been through.:) But Chelsea will soon forget all the horror Emma caused her, because Emma is so adorable and cute. I can't wait to see what Emma looks like next week!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, she is absolutely beautiful!!! And I'm not just saying that. In one of the pictures she looks just like Brad! Gehren and I commented that she looks like Ellie did after she was born, all that black hair and so pretty.
Oh my gosh! She's so darling! You will LOVE being an aunt. It's the very best in the whole world. Just wait until she is a teenager and calls you to talk about high school drama!
too cute. Congrats to all!
SO cute! I can't believe all that hair! Glad everyone is doing well.
How cute!! Congrats. =)
Post a Comment