As some of you know, ove the past 3 weeks, about 10 different people have approached me to ask if they could set me up. Now I already know that I am going to get some hate mail from some of you I've denied because I said I wasn't doing anymore blind dates. Well, I gave in and then the flood gates broke. Where are all of these guys coming from??? Or I mean, where are all of these match-makers coming from. Four of them set me up with the same 2 guys!
Marty—Karen (co-worker) set me up with Marty and invited us to a BBQ at her home last Saturday. He's late 30s to early 40s. No one really knows his age. He's a doctor. Seems like a good guy. He called today about another date, but I haven't called him back yet. I need to get to know him better before I say anything.
Bryce—Jeremy and Scott, two of my good buddies, set me up with this 28-year-old architectural engineer. We went out last night, and I rode a motorcycle for the first time!!! Don't worry. I held on tight. :) I see another date with him in the future.
Tyler—Emily Slater, Dave Herd, and Carrie Romney all had their hand in this, and none of them knew each other. It's a longer story, so I won't tell it now. We're going out in an hour. Blue Iguana for dinner and then paddle boats! Can't wait to meet him.
Simonson—Teresa Bowman set me up with this guy in his late 30s to early 40s. Why is that age group so mysterious? I can't remember his first name. He's been in CA going to film school. I gave in to this set up because this guy's dad actually tried to set us up when I was interviewing with the Rotary Club to go to Argentina! Hah! Go figure. Teresa works for the dad. Date TK.
Christian—Tori is setting me up with a guy she met while she was studying in Nauvoo. He's in Korea right now, but when he gets back she's working her magic.
Ice Boy—Dr. Treft is my eye doctor, and he asked if he could set me up 2 Mondays ago when I was in for my check up. Strangely enough, he tried to set me up with the guy I went out with last year who rubbed ice on his lips!!! Maybe I should give him a second try. :) I said no thanks, that we'd already gone out and things didn't work out.
Temple Boy—Grandma Lindsay overheard some ladies talking about how one of their sons was 27 years old. Grandma's ears perked up. "I having a darling granddaughter who's 27 and single. I'll bring you a picture of her next Tuesday for you to show your son!" And she did. I don't think this one is going to happen, though.
Blair's friend—Grandma Newbold met one of Blair's friends at Blair's wedding two Thursdays ago. He asked how he could be part of our family. She said that there are only a couple of ways and that is through her remaining single granddaughters! When he heard I was 27, he backed off though. Fine by me. I have enough to deal with right now. I think he was 22 or 23.
If I've left anyone else out, I appologize. And I know Cynthia and Michelle and Sarah have been chomping at the bit, so if you would like to set me up now with the guys you'd been thinking of, you may. Updates on these guys will definitely be coming.
7 months ago
7 comments:
go for the doctor! :-) Then you will be able to visit me more often! Love ya
Wow, the flood gates DID open. Well you don't have worry about us trying to set you up with Sc.Ho. again. He's getting married in july (not to you, you should have called him...) :) Sounds fun, though.
My first question is "Why are these guys so old and not married? What's wrong with them?"
hey now. give me some credit. i did call him. ha ha ha! oh goodness. i called him both times you guys suggested it, even when it was to tell him about joshy's baby blessing to see if he wanted to drive with me.:) whatever. he can go on and get married for all i care.:)
and good question. i guess i will only know by going out with them. i'm sure i'll get some good stories to post. sadly, people ask the same question about me. you know, i am 27.
Oh, great timing, Katie! Blake is leaving in about a month for George Mason Univ. to go to law school. I'll have to see what I can do...
:)
For now, sounds like the engineer and the paddle boat guy could be interesting.
I hope you have lots of fun on these dates Katie! And who knows who you'll meet. Good luck with the dating scene! :)
You make me smile, Katie! Now I know why I still haven't gotten that e-mail from you -- you are too busy dating! Hope you are having fun!
Kaite I love your blog! As I was reading it I thought, "Hey she should go out with Mark's brother." But then I read this post. =) Let me know if you're up for another. Sounds like you have been having lots of fun this summer!
Post a Comment