
Here's another one of my latest, though still a brainstorm. Also while I was in the Wilk, I talked for about half an hour to all the people at the tables set up outside the hunger banquet. I was in heaven! Some of the people were there representing or promoting the Political Review, Help, Field Study Programs, Illiteracy, buying cards made by kids in India, and I can't remember what else. and I got a bunch of good info to reenergize me and keep me thinking about where I am supposed to go next.
I talked to one girl about doing a field study program in El Salvador or Uganda that would relate to my Child Life internship. I need to do two internships to certify as a Child Life Specialist . . . but before I can do the internships I need to finish three semesters of school. I'm planning on going this summer, fall, and then spring (at the U they call winter semester spring semester). But without real work it's been hard to see all this happening, esp. since FAFSA just denied me aid. Huge bummer. It doesn't always pay to get a second bachelors. So I'm trying to look at the situation in a new light. It makes me giddy to think about doing a field study program--the world is calling to me!! So we'll see if that ends up being the right path. It's all unknown. I guess that's life.









7 comments:
I have a friend who went to uganda last month. I could get you in touch with her if you wanted.
can you get some loans? Have you applied for scholarships yet? It must be stressful to have to wait for everything to fall into place. You are always off on so many cool adventures. I am way jealous!
I love reading about your adventures! I am somewhat envious that you are having all these wonderful, life changing experiences! You are very talented and I hope that you get the chance to travel the world! Remember to blog about it though, so I can live vicariously through you! :)
We will be praying that your path will be cleared, wherever you are supposed to go next!
How neat if that worked out! Are there any grants you could get? (with the state?) Colorado paid for about half of my ultrasound schooling. you are so adventurous!
Jacq: Thanks for the contact! It looks like if I did an internship anywhere, it wouldn't be until a year from now. What did she do in Uganda?
Lee: Loans it is. Today I found out for sure that students like me pursuing their second bachelors aren't elligible for Pell Grants.
Tiff: Thanks for reading my blog! I will most definitely keep blogging through every adventure.:)
Megs: Thanks for your prayers!! Can't wait to see you!
I agree with you...it doesn't always pay to further your education, well it does...just not financially :) We struggled to find a good way to pay for flight school after Travis graduation. If only continuing education loans were as good as REAL student loans :) Oh well, what can you do? As long as you love what you're doing, that's what's most important right?!?
I can't wait to hear where your path ends up taking you!
Post a Comment