3.23.2009

For my friends


To give a little background on this photo and how it applies to this very exciting entry, it's an apple orchard in the desert. You might ask, "How could fruit trees possibly blossom in such stark conditions?" It's because there in Capitol Reef there's an underground waterpocket fold, which creates an oasis in the desert. Just like this apple orchard completely surprising everyone by surviving in the middle of nowhere, my gift to you will be a huge anticipation and surprise. Like that?

So a couple weeks ago (I'm slow) I looked at my friend Kara's blog and found this hard-to-pass-up offer:

The first 5 people to respond to this post will get something made by me--my choice! This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:

1. I make no guarantees you will like what I make! (I can only hope!)
2. What I create will be just for you.
3. It will be done some time this year.
4. You have no clue what it's going to be--it may be cards, something delicious, a paper weight, or a complete surprise to you (and me)! Who knows?
5. Most importantly, you must offer the same deal on your blog. The first 5 people to comment on your blog get something made by YOU!"

I was the second person to comment on Kara's blog and can't wait to see what surprise she comes up with! Now it's your turn. Leave me a comment on this post, and I will make you something AWESOME!!! (It will also be something special).

Part of the fun is that if you are one of the first five to comment, you get to carry on the task of making five more gifts for your friends. If you've already done this on your blog, comment anyway if you want and don't worry about making more gifts.

4 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Katie you did sneak in as #5! Congrats! ha ha It should be fun. I'm still trying to figure out what to send to people....email me your address so I have it when the time comes to send something off! Thanks for posting your comments!

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Oooooh! Pick me! Pick me! :)

Phyllis said...

Looks like I came back to your blog just in time...excellent. Since your blog is private it doesn't update in my feed, and I realized I haven't checked it out in far too long, so here I am. Man, things have been crazy rollercoaster lately in the life and times of Katie, huh? Don't worry, I think the sheep will break out and come find you. He looked like that kind of sheep. I enjoyed your hideaway/retreat suggestion as well, but I'll have to think pretty hard since the only two locations that came to mind(Storage space under my stairs and Wal-Mart) were either full of spiders and hard for large people to fit into or too capeable of messing with my budget by sending me home with a car-load of stuff I don't really need...

Cynthia said...

Do you find it funny or discouraging that only three other people commented on this post? I'm going to take you up on your offer, and will let you know who takes me up on mine! You do a good job with your blog. Love you.