2.22.2009

The Official Release



Change is in the air, or maybe it's just in my air! Huge changes! After two years of being the president of the women's organization for the church in my area, I was released. I can't even begin to explain the lessons I learned, how close I was brought to my Savior, and how I struggled and rose higher and grew. I loved serving the growing number of Relief Society ladies (ages 18-31)and will deeply miss it--right now there are 114 of us. I loved being a part of their lives and receiving that constant inspiration to know who was in need. I have gained such a stronger affirmation that God listens and guides and knows how we can help each other in His stead. It all works so beautifully when we all take action and are a part of each others lives! I love it! I am so blessed.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

THat's it? You're done? Do you feel a heavy weight off your shoulders?

Well done on lots of great service, Mildred!

Jacqui said...

And I love your scarf :)

Please Pass the Green said...

Yes, it's done. Crazy, huh? Thanks so much! It definitely changed me, molded me, squashed me, and then cradeled me. I'm getting used to all of these sudden changes. Okay not particularly, but I'm seeing how together they all mean something significant. In one way or another I've been prepared for them. I met with the new RS President tonight to hand the goods over--visiting teaching magnet board and all. I'll add more details to this entry about all that led up to it. You're just so on the ball Jacq that you beat me to it!! I thought I'd do it this morning until I remembered I had class and tons of reading and studying to do.