1.21.2008

Jack Handey

This blog entry is dedicated to Megan. She was the one who introduced me to Jack Handey. If I'd had the story about the golden baby, I would've posted it too.:)

"He was a cowboy mister, and he loved the land. He loved it so much he made a woman out of dirt and married her. But when he kissed her, she disintegrated. Later, at the funeral, when the preacher said, 'Dust to dust,' some people laughed, and the cowboy shot them. At his hanging, he told the others, 'I'll be waiting for you in heaven with a gun."

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

That's a little morbid, Mildred.

newby said...

that reminded me, sis, of one of my favorite jack handy's:
"if God lives within us, like a lot of people believe, then i hope he likes enchiladas, 'cause that's what he's getting."

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Ha ha! Thanks Kates! I love it! Okay, here is one of my faves:
"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because, man, they're gone."