1.06.2008

I love Sundays!


I just may make my 11 o'clock bedtime!! Before going to bed I wanted to share what I'm grateful for today.

PEACE. truth. clarity. a blanket of assurance that everything will be okay. knowing that things aren't as you thought. a deep breath and a change of heart are the result of peace.

FAMILY. tonight my grandma said that the thing she loves most about being a grandma is that now she has more time to pray for all of us. she is an amazing woman. it feels good to be loved. i belong to the greatest family and learn so much from their wisdom and selflessness. tonight: gail knows i'm the trendsetter and liked my socks-and-skirt combo, emma was a drooly pool, kevin loves to charlar in spanish because no one else can understand and spanish is cool, and aunt cynthia and i tried out new lipsticks like coco rum and champagne. mom kept eating carmels, trying to get one that didn't have nuts. good plan, mom.:)

MOTION. water flowing. snow falling. bodies bending to the beat. heads bobbing to the rhythm. hearts beating. silence pulsing. eyes closing . . . and not opening. dreams swirling in the meantime.

WORDS.

good night.

2 comments:

Polly said...

what a beautiful thought you had! I am touched by what your grandma said. how sweet! I wish I have grandparents that were closed to us who could love us like that.

Jon and Diana said...

My dear katie, I can tell you put thought into your blogs. Sometimes I can see you laughing as you type things like.."perfect my yodel". I like your sense of humor!