1.19.2008

Drivin' in My Car

Wednesday morning, as I was driving down the big hill that leads to my work, a car coming up the hill flashed his lights at me. First thought: Are my headlights off? Then I realized that it was 9 a.m., so that shouldn't have mattered. Second thought: Is he a gang member? No. I'm not in Downey. I don't have to worry about being part of someone's gang initiation. Third thought: Am I in danger? Is there someone hanging onto my car, ready to jump in and kill me? And then I saw the cop car hidden off to the left. I slowed down from 60 to 50 mph and thanked that very nice man who flashed his lights at me. What a nice community I live in.:)

2 comments:

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Wow what a nice guy!

Laney said...

Cracking me up about the gang thing. I totally would have thought it was a gang member and been scared! I guess that's what happens after 2 and a half years in LA...