10.27.2007

Daxton Wilde Foundation—helping kids w/ cancer

This morning I went and helped at a 5K and Kids' Fun Run for the Daxton Wilde Foundation. Daxton was a little boy who faught cancer like a hero and wrote a book (w/ the help of his mom), which we published at Gibbs Smith, Publisher. It's called I'm a Superhero. Daxton's book is all about how cancer is the bad guy and how he was a superhero and had to fight it with chemo. It's a great book to explain to anyone what cancer is and how treatments work. Daxton passed a way a few years ago, so his foundation is to help families with kids that have cancer. Daxton's mom, Sheri, is such a sweet upbeat lady who is the one who actively heads up these fundraisers.


To honor all the superheroes among us—specifically kids fighting cancer—we all dressed up like superheroes! It was so fun. See if you can guess who I was.:) I included photos of Captain Underpants and a few others. There are two pictures of Isabelle, a little girl fighting cancer. In the one picture she's with her mom and in the other one she's giving everyone 5. She's so cute! I also included a picture of Izzy sitting on my head while I was taking a nap after a late night and long morning. Isn't she cute, too?

5 comments:

The Dwelley's said...

Great super hero. Roge (Can't spell it) from X-men. I love all the stuff you do for other people. You have a big heart. Tell you dad we love your blogs. We don't want you to stop. I support you katie.(:

Anonymous said...

Katie -- You look great as Rogue! Keep blogging and keep up the great super hero work. Thanks for sharing. Let us know when you're ready for some R&R in the warm weather. We have plenty of room here in Palm Springs. By the way, how is the Mac working out? All good? Let us know. Alan

Polly said...

We just watched X-men a couple of days ago. You do, actually, looks like Rogue. :) I miss you girl. You are always doing good things and fun things! You are awesome!

Alycia said...

You know I love reading your blog...I am always checking it to see if their are any updates! I love you!

Jacqui said...

I was totally thinking Rogue from x-men. I'm glad the other commenters confirmed my suspicion.

You inspire me to be better, Mildred--humanitarian service in south america, now this, and you're thinking about egypt? What a heart!