Video Courtesy of KSL.com
This happened this afternoon in the middle of taking a test. Funny, huh? I was sitting at a table in the Student Center at Salt Lake Community College (SLCC). This semester I've been taking two classes at SLCC--one's called Intimate Family Relations and the other is Child Development. It was great to be back at school, and these courses worked perfect with my work schedule since I didn't work on Mondays when I was at Gibbs Smith. Now I don't work any day. Just kidding.:) I actually have been SO busy lately. And since I'm still not used to this whole school thing, I forget I have class . . . and homework (I typed homeowork first. It's always fun to laugh alone!)and tests (which this morning miraculously ended up being a take-home test!!). I had all three this morning, so I was a little frantic.
So I was doing my take-home test when a man walked up to me. I'd heard him talking to another student across the room, asking her some questions I couldn't decipher. When he got to me, he asked me if I was a transfer student who already had a degree or if I'd recently been laidoff. I said yes to both, so I won the spot on the evening news! The funniest part is imagining my old bosses, Suzanne and Madge, seeing me on TV, right Melissa? Oh man. I wonder what they're going to say. My mom was envisioning the whole senario as a good sitcom episode.
7 comments:
Lookin good on the evening news! Very cool :)
Look at you! you have a face for tv, mildred! Maybe you should change your major for your second degree to TV personality. They have that major at slcc, right?
It really was fun to see you, and fun to hear everyone talking about it at the office. :)
Wow you're famous! I'm glad that you're looking at this time in such a positive light. And I am sure that it will turn out for the best! You are looking so cute these days!
awesome, you looked hot! Love you!
Way to go! I'm so glad you don't look like one of those idiot interviews on the news (seriously, why do they always use those people?) I'm proud to call you my smart friend! :)
He he he... fun times for my famous cousin! Now you don't have to debate the idea of quitting anymore, but who is going to publish all my unwritten books and make me rich?
Post a Comment