7.09.2008

Ponch and Matching Socks

Have you ever played Go Fish with socks with the "Chips" theme song playing in the background? I have. Yesterday Nicole brought home literally more than 250 socks to be paired. The socks came from her family's home, from her mom, dad, and two youngest sisters. Nicole's mom passed away last week and was sick for about a year and a half, so little things like matching socks slipped down farther and farther on the list of importance. So yesterday, Tracy, Nicole, and I had a race to see who could make the most pairs. I got a little distracted with "Chips: Season One" playing on the DVD player. Now I see that it was a plot to get me to lose. I LOVE Ponch and do believe the love affair started back in 1985 . . . when I was 4. The three of us sock sorters ended up with about 100 pairs and 50 spares. Not bad.