1.01.2010

Grin and Bear It.


Sometimes we make silly decisions and reap the consequences. But sometimes those "silly decisions" turn out to be life-changers, and we're glad we were so brilliant under pressure even though now we can't use our right arm for three days.

I felt my chronic bursitis flaring up on Wednesday, so I tried not to move or use my right shoulder until I found out (or decided on a whim) that a certain boy would be joining me at my house Thursday night (the infamous New Year's Eve). Well, could I let him meet me for the first time and associate me with a filthy house? No way. So I scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom, and vacuumed the living room carpet and couch cover, using my right arm, since I am not yet ambidextrous. Needless to say, the house looked incredible, the evening spent with boy was amazing and extended into the wee hours of 2010, but now my right arm is completely frozen and inflamed to the core. Even trade? In this case yes. I chose wisely.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Who's the boy?

Laney said...

Yeah, who's the boy??

Alycia said...

I didn't know you have been blogging lately, I haven't even been checking. Glad to see you have been posting again. I can't wait to see you!!!! :-)