8.17.2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My mother, Lisa Lindsay, is turning 38 years old tomorrow! Yes, she had me when she was in fifth grade. She has taught me how to use coupons and save my money, how to make fried eggs and sew on a button, and how to laugh in every situation—it's never the end of the world. I'm hoping to soon be able to say she's taught me how to play the piano! Ha ha. We'll see how that goes. She makes the best sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, hot fudge pudding cake, and lasagna, and food is what really matters in life.:) And since the accident and hours in bed, she's acquired a gift for knowing "what not to wear." She is the fashion expert!:)

2 comments:

cynthia said...

I was believing you for a while that your mom was only 38, but I was trying to figure out how our moms could be in college together. It just wasn't adding up quite right! Guess she should feel happy she could pass for 38...hey, I would fall for it if I didn't know better :)

J S said...

Happy Birthday Momma Newbold! I too fell for the 38 joke! Your mom should feel great about that! I wouldn't have known otherwise :)