9.14.2007

No Speeding Zone

Until tonight, I was just like you—an advocate for speed dating, thinking it would be so much fun because it is in the movies. Now I know the truth, and I will strongly advise you to do something more productive with your time. The weird thing is that on Tuesday I told Mandy that our ward should plan a speed dating activity. I have no idea how that idea popped into my head, but then this week I got invited to speed date tonight and just got back. (Jacq, your sister-in-law Kathy was there, by the way!) There were some nice guys there . . . but lots of VERY interesting ones, too. We had about 2–3 minutes with each guy. My favorite was when a guy sat down and the first thing he said, “Right now I just want to rip your shoe off and massage your foot! Why do you have shoes on?” Hahahahaha!!! Ha ha ha. Oh man. He was touching my foot and ready to pull my slip-on shoe off! For real! I had witnesses. After meeting fifty guys I was drained and couldn’t talk or smile because the muscles around my mouth were so sore. No more speeding for me. I'm writing this purely for comic relief. I also want you to feel sorry for me.:) Good night!

4 comments:

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Oh my gosh! What a weirdo!!! hahahahaha Poor Katie!

Jacqui said...

That's really weird. Definitely no prince charming waiting to 'remove' your glass slipper.

Kath was speed dating too? I'll have to call and ask her about it!

Anonymous said...

That is a great speed dating story. Cherrish it for years to come.

Polly said...

Pooooor Katie! :)

Did you watch the movie Hitch? It has a funny part of speeding dating in it!

Keep away from those crazy guys!