The other day I came across a site called Etsy, which promotes upcycling by selling trashion (etsy.com). Basically, someone with creative gusto turns something ready for the bin into something uniquely stylish and cool. I love it! I found out about this through my wonderfully amazing Dinner at Your Door authors, who graciously gave me a necklace made by an eco-friendly artist named Millie Hilgert (misscourageous.com), who is based out of Boise. Because I love my necklace so much, I am going to post a picture of it to go along with this post, but I'm too lazy to do it right now. (Done! Pictures now below.)


Isn't this inspiring? I can definitely see many of you creating all kinds of beautiful works of jewelry art like this! Get busy. Life is too short for only dreaming. (I hope that lit the fire under you.)
PS: Some of you may have noticed that I posted a similar entry on my Egypt blog. I'm torn. I don't know if I should keep both blogs up and running, and keep the Egypt one as a more fun informational blog that the whole world can see and this blog a more personal blog of Katie's deepest-darkest secrets. What do you guys think? Would you still look at both of them?
1 comment:
Personally, I'm more inclined to read the one where I'm privvy (sp?) to your deepest darkest secrets :)
Post a Comment