8.01.2007

Boca Junior


When Carrie and I were in Buenos Aires we had a chance to visit the Boca stadium. It felt like such an honor because during the previous five weeks in Argentina EVERYONE raved about how amazing Boca is and how they never lose. We looked into buying tickets, but it didn't work out with only a few days in BA.

About a week after we got home from Argentina, Carrie calls me and says, "Guess who's coming to Utah!"
"ManĂ¡!"
"No. Now this won't sound as exciting. Guess again."
"Juanez?"
"No. Boca Junior!"

I was way excited and surprised that'd be coming to play little ol' Real. Then we realized how lame we were for not buying jerseys in Argentina! There ended up being a group of eight of us who went to see the world famous Boca Jr. futbol team play. It could've been the perfect night to fall in love, but it didn't rain. And no cool bicyle kicks from Boca the whole night. I was really disappointed in their performance, but I guess nothing made them rise to the occasion to let us see what they were made of. The game ended tied, 1-1.

No comments: